Health Care Solutions
For Underserved Population
Decide. Commit. Focus. Succeed.
Served over 100,000 uninsured individuals
The Project Access Foundation’s (PAF) is a nonprofit 501(c)3 community health program which was founded in 1999 to provide services to the underserved populations in South Florida. Since its inception, PAF has served close to 100,000 uninsured individuals. The purpose of PAF is to eliminate cultural barriers to healthcare resources and that are integrated, wrap-around, culturally competent and population focused; reducing the high mortality and morbidity rates that are faced by the large number of minority residents in our communities
The mission of PAF is to improve the overall community health of South Florida by increasing access to high quality healthcare services for all community members, including special populations. PAF provides access to primary medical, dental and behavioral health services with an emphasis on the underserved as well as to train future health care providers (PAF is the nonprofit arm of Larkin Community Hospital) in community and patient-centered health. PAF’s model relies on the delivery of compassionate, enthusiastic healthcare exceeding patient expectations every time; regardless of their cultural, financial, and social status, or sexual orientation.
Excellence & CompassionProudly providing empowerment in pursuit of excellence, success and compassion
- We receiving funding from HRSA (Health Resources and Services Administration)
- We provide access to care to underserved populations
- We develop community initiatives geared towards education, prevention, and immediate treatment
- No one will be denied access to services due to their inability to pay
- There is a discounted/sliding fee schedule available based on income
- 60% of our Board Members are PLWHA who understand the impediments, needs, and stigmatization of HIV - AIDS care and seek to use their personal experiences to increase the quality, comfort, and access to care.
Who do we treat?
- All Walks of Life!
- PLWHA (People living with HIV/AIDS)
- LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer)
- Allies (Anyone that supports the LGBTQ community)
- Underserved populations
- Substance users
- And all ethnic enclaves (e.g. African Americans, Haitians, and Hispanics)
What are our values?
Prevention Is The Best Treatment
If you are sexually active with multiple partners you are at high risk of contracting HIV. Ask us about PrEP, the daily pill that can prevent you from contracting HIV.